- Best design/crew costumes
- Best team effort/ spirit
- Most Creativity
- Most likely to float
- Titanic (most likely to sink)
- Pride of the Regatta
Entry Rules 2015
- All participants must be 5 years of age or older, and all children 7 and under must be accompanied by and adult in the boat.
- Life jackets must be brought and worn by all participants when racing.
- Boats must be made of cardboard.
- NO metal, wood or plastic structures allowed.
- Plastic sheeting is not allowed. A builder may use sealant, wax, paint and/or tape.
- Boats may not exceed 16 feet in length except for the ‘Luxury Liner’ category.
- At least two but no more than four people per boat are allowed except for Luxury Liners which may have 4 or more.
- No motors allowed. Paddles or hands for power.
- Boats may be raced in heats with times determining place finishes in each category.
- Race course for children will be approximately 50 yards. All other categories will be about 100.
- Registration is $10 per boat in advance or $15 on the day of the event.
To ensure that everyone has an equal chance, the races will be divided into the following nine categories:
- Open to age 7 - 14
- Parent and Child (as young as 5)
- Open age 15 – 50
- Open age 51 and older
- Luxury Liner (4 or more crew)
- Kayak Class (no Finale entry)
- Business Boats (2-4 crew)
- Grand finale is for all classes of boats still floating
- Kayaks but not in finale
Saturday, rain or shine; Food/drinks available.
10:00 am Regatta Opens
11:00 am Boat Drop Off and Registration
11:30 am Judging
12:00 pm Boat Awards Announced
12:30 pm Races Begin
Bring your own personal flotation safety devises (life jackets) and paddles.
Don't forget to bring a boat!
Directions:From I-95 exit 140 travel east on Courthouse Road then right on Andrew Chapel Road and left at train overpass, east on Brooke Road to Aquia Landing , the race/show site. Free admission to all boat event participants. Beach users pay usual fee.
View Larger Map
The North Stafford-Rock Hill Ruritan Club is a local community service organization with various projects including contributions to numerous local groups and deserving students. Club members look forward to this event as an all Stafford family and club fun day for everyone.